Wednesday 21 September 2016





Dear Diary,

Today I tried the the easiest, yummiest, healthiest alternative to ice cream!! It's called 'Nice cream'. Nice isn't it? It's basically a 'One ingredient' recipe and that's - Bananas! That's it.

Note - My creativity took some time to kick in, and the ice creams melted a little bit in the process, :/ but the consistency and texture of this recipe comes our as perfectly as any other ice cream!

Vanilla Ice Cream
Peppermint Green Tea Ice cream
Mint choco chip Ice cream
Classic chocolate Ice cream

Before I forget, let me write down the recipe:

Simply blend the ingredients below in a high power blender - do stop every few minutes to scoop the sides of the blender till the consistency looks creamy. 


Some tips to note:
  1. Chop bananas before freezing to ensure even blending. 
  2. Put them in a ziplock and freeze until solid - about an hour should do. 
  3. For the Green Tea flavour ice cream - you can simply use 1.5 tbsp of any green tea powder, most popularly 'matcha green tea' for this recipe and blend with the bananas directly. But since I did not have it handy, I tried this one with peppermint flavoured green-tea and it turned out great - I’d suggest any strong sweet green-tea flavours to avoid a bitter aftertaste like cinnamon, orange, apple etc to be used as above. 
  4. Make sure to cool the green-tea for obvious reasons! Or you're just going to have liquid green cream tea :P 
  5. The chocolate one with choco-chips was my absolute favourite! For a dark chocolate version - simply use chopped dark chocolate, cocoa powder and skip the sugar! It goes great with nuts :) 
IMP: If you have fancy guests coming over and/or are a perfectionist, please have the ice cream immediately. The bananas tend to get darker if kept in the fridge for too long and don't scoop as perfectly once frozen. (I've read that a bit of vodka helps to make them scoop friendly - but haven't tried that myself - let me know if it works for you!)

Good night Diary. Sweet ice-cream-dream to you!

Lots of Love,
Signing out..


Note to Diary Readers:
Thank you so much for reading! Hope you give this recipe a go and let me know how it turns out :) While I've only tried the flavours above, you can get absolutely creative with it. Try blending the frozen bananas with seasonal berries, syrups, chocolates, extracts etc. and let me know if something interesting comes out of your experiments! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment